Sunday 26 April 2020

Week 6 in Isolation

While we have been 6 weeks in Isolation the weather has been excellent with only one nighttime shower of rain in all that time and this week has been the warmest so far with glorious sunshine most days.  
I have managed to walk every day in this 6 week period and was averaging about 6 miles a day. Unfortunately I have developed a sore left knee and had to turn back after a few hundred yards this morning as it was too painful. It looks like I will have to rest it this coming week so that will not be much fun but needs must.
When I walked up to the High Mill Bridge last week I was incensed by the amount of litter so I spent some time on Thursday picking it all up on one side of the road. My plan is to spend one day at least each week picking up litter within the town area.  
The path to Jenny Nobles Gill which has become my favourite walk now I am confined to the Langholm area. I do miss going in the car to places within 15 miles of Langholm for a walk as there are so many fantastic walks.
Eck and Anne Christie are walking all 14 of the Langholm Walks paths so I met them on Friday just as they were about  to go round Potholm and Castle Hill. A great effort from both of them as its almost 100 miles of walking.  
It's been a great week for Blossom and the trees beside the Esk are looking wonderful
The Bluebells or Cratties as we call them in Scotland are coming out as well and by next week they will be spectacular. 
More Bluebells but not yet in full bloom
The week started with Gaye baking a 100th Birthday Cake for Tom's Aunt Jean as she was 100 on Monday and of course could not have a proper party but she managed to have a wee function outside her house with a Piper and a few neighbours and of course Tom
On Monday I had a great walk up the Hungry Burn and along the Forestry road to Skippercleuch and I heard what I thought was a dog barking but it turned out to be a Deer and I just caught it on video as it rushed through the young trees. Try and spot it just right of centre starting after about 4 seconds of the video.

2 comments:

Irving said...

Three goes before I got the deer

Tommy said...

Well done for picking up the litter.

Blog Archive