Sunday 19 April 2020

Week 5 in Isolation

Today should have been the opening day for Langholm Old Bowling Club. It looks like most of the Bowling season will be cancelled and we can only hope we might get a few games played near the end of the season in August or September but I have my doubts. Our age group who are most of the bowlers may have to stay in Isolation for months. I am very sad about missing the Bowling season as I had my best ever season last year and won the Club Championship. The green is looking good and opening day would have been superb as the weather for the 5 weeks we have been in Isolation has been perfect. We now could do with some rain for both Farmers and Greenkeepers. 
My Saturday walk round Potholm shows just how dry the land has become. February was a record wet month but March and April has had little or no rain so this ploughed and Harrowed field is as dry as a bone and nothing will grow until it rains. 
I am spending a lot of my time in the Sitooterie in the garden playing  Patience and this is a game called 11s which I managed to get out after many hours of failure. 
They leave one tree for the Raptors and this is one of the best in the area on the Potholm walk.
Lambing is in full swing and the dry warm weather certainly has helped them, although the grass needs some rain soon
In California Fraser recruited Elliot and Thomas to work in his Home Apple office so they dressed for the job. Elliot makes sure they have a Coffee break.
Most days on my morning walk I make sure I pass this garden at Wauchope Cottage. Alison helped by husband Tom has a lovely garden that gives me loads of pleasure every time I pass it.
Gaye has spent some time baking this cake for Tom Stothart's cousin Jean who will be 100 on Monday so she will be spending this birthday at home alone but hopefully the neighbours and Tom will be outside helping her to celebrate at a safe distance.
The Bluebells are coming out and I hope to have better photos of them in the next few weeks but these early ones give a taste of what is to come
This shows how low the River Esk is getting 
An unusual Bird Scarer near Potholm Bridge

1 comment:

Tommy said...

That lawn looks amazingly mossy.

Blog Archive