Friday 8 January 2021

A Beautiful Winters Day

Since New Years day the temperature has hardly been above zero but today was the best day I have had this year to date for walking. It's still tricky underfoot but the sunshine was glorious and the scenery wonderful. I have been walking my regular low level walks this week and not venturing into the hills so this was my usual walk round the Pheasant Pens today. It's worth noting that last year in January I spotted my first Snowdrops on 1st January but this year not a sign of them yet. 
Langholm Castle in all its glory.

This is Clerk Fell next to the road to Potholm
Clerk Fell and Pedens View

All the time I was walking a pair of Buzzards were calling and I finally managed to get a photograph of one of them as it settled on a tree 


 

1 comment:

Tootlepedal said...

It was a lovely day, you are right.

Blog Archive