Monday 8 June 2020

Week 12 and the End of a Glorious Spring

The week started with my fence getting painted at long last. It was very hot and I had to finish at 1.00pm to get ready for my first game of Bowls this season. I never got any more done to the fence this week as I bowled on Monday and Tuesday in glorious weather and then the weather changed dramatically for a few days. Our spring was the best ever with almost 3 months of dry sunny weather. It certainly helped our Lockdown to be more bearable.
Due to Corvid-19 our Bowling season could only start this week so we have lost at least 6 weeks of play. The rules are that we can only play singles and only 3 rinks can be used at the same time. The clubrooms and toilets are closed and no spectators are allowed. It's better than not playing but I do miss the fun of Pairs and Triples. I managed to beat Tom fairly convincingly after a slow start.
On Wednesday I headed down to Rowanburn for a 4 mile circuit of Rowanburnhead, Rowanburnfoot and the old railway line. This is the workers repairing all the power lines in our area. It is I believe a 2 year job.
A lovely field of Buttercup next to the old railway line near Rowanburn.
Lang Sandy at the garden in Rowanburn
On Friday I headed out to Winterhope for my morning walk and also to see (at a distance) our friends Jean and Wattie who have been isolated up this lonely valley for almost 3 months. The reservoir there is quite low but not near water rationing levels yet.  
Winterhope Dam
Wattie's vegetable garden looking immaculate as per usual. He loves his garden and together with his lovely hens seems to be very happy there.  
We had a grand blether and a coffee and cake 
My walk on Sunday was up to Potholm but this time I took the new route through the forest above the main track to Potholm on the Langfauld. 
On the new route you go along a narrow track through the forest

The start of the new route and a track suitable for 4 wheel drive vehicles
Near Potholm the area has been used by Mountain Bikers at the Muckle Toon Adventure Festival

No comments:

Blog Archive