Thursday 27 September 2018

And my Final Island of the Trip is Kerrera

I had hoped to do a longish walk on Kerrera but the weather was awful so its just a case of getting on this wee Ferry when it arrives and doing the 10 minute crossing and then after 20 minutes on the Island I come back again. 
The Ferry has only room for 1 vehicle and because there are no metalled roads on Kerrera they have to be 4 wheel drive vehicles. This is the Post Quad Bike which stayed on the island for about 4 hours.
The crossing is so rough for a few minutes and the boat rocked about a lot I would not have liked my car to have been on it.  
The Pier at Kerrera
Side view of the Ferry
I was the only passenger on the return journey. I had a long chat with the Skipper of the Ferry and he told me its a great island for walking on as there is little or no traffic so I hope to come back sometime when the weather might be better.  

1 comment:

Tommy said...

Pity about the weather.

Blog Archive