Tuesday 25 September 2018

An Hour on Lismore

Another day and another Island. This is Lismore which has 2 Ferry services but we opted for the small passenger only one which sails from Port Appin north of Oban. Its a tiny Ferry and the crossing is only 10 minutes. Today for 5 of those minutes it was very rough as we crossed the tidal stream. My intention was to do my morning walk on Lismore so Gaye stayed back at Port Appin and did the Times Crossword in the car. It was just as well as it was soon poring with rain and very windy. It is however a lovely Island and hopefully I will get back sometime to see more of it. 
Looking across to Port Appin
Lismore Ferry Terminal
The road south and my morning walk 
Looking over to the mainland 
The road to Port Ramsay. I did not have time to make it to the village as I had to be back for the 11.15am Ferry or I would have had a long time to wait for the next one. By now it was really wet so I was happy to have the wind at my back when I turned round.


Looking towards Port Ramsay
On my way back to the Ferry I met this parked car with a very unusual numberplate. On speaking with the owner I was not surprised to discover he was from Hawick having lived there 30 years ago. He is a fellow Island Hopper and is about 6 islands behind me. We had a 5 minute chat but as I had to get back for the ferry we did not get any longer to chat.  
I had about 1 minute to spare before the Ferry arrived and I headed back to Port Appin and a lovely coffee and cake at the Hotel.
On our way back to the Hotel at North Connell we visited The Isle of Eriska and the lovely very posh Eriska Hotel on this small island.  
The inlet that separates isle of Erika from the mainland. It was now bucketing down so we did not stay or even take photos of the hotel. Despite the weather it was a nice walk on Lismore and nice to see Eriska.

No comments:

Blog Archive