Tuesday 27 June 2023

A Double Decker Bus Trip Through Rural Aberdeenshire

We are up in Aberdeenshire for a few days visiting Gaye's friend Collett so this morning while the girls went to Ellon for a shopping trip I took the Double Decker service bus to Macduff and Banff. It was a spectacular journey and the countryside is looking so well despite the very hot summer we have had to date. They appear to have had enough rain and the fields of corn and barley are looking great.
The A947 from Aberdeen and from the front seat of the Double Decker you get a wonderful view of the countryside.
My Double Decker service no 35
A grand field of Barley
 
This is my first stop of the morning Macduff. It has the air of a Fishing Port that has seen better days.
Not as many boats sail from here compared to a few years ago.
There were very few boats in the harbour and I met a Fisherman who said the boats are at see longer and then back in the port longer as they have problems with the quotas they have been set. 

Just as I was about to get on the bus to head further along the coast to Banff this fishing boat came back into the harbour.
This was taken about 15 minutes before the Fishing Boat appeared.
I took a 10 minute local bus journey from Macduff to Banff and this town looks a bit more prosperous and the harbour is now a Marina.

In a fairly dull area of the town on my way back to the town centre from the harbour I came upon this front garden looking very colourful.

No comments:

Blog Archive