Wednesday 16 September 2020

The Chapel Hill Walk at Roberton

The walk today started at Roberton and just near the start is this Eco House which was featured on Grand Designs several years ago. I am told it has changed hands a couple of times since then. 

My guide for the day was Iona Butlin who lives near Roberton. She often helps as a Duty Manager at The Buccleuch Centre but has not been in Langholm since December last year. This is an interesting bridge over The Borthwick Water.

The village of Roberton

The Borthwick Water
The highest point of the walk at Chapel Hill and the route to this Trig point was very tough due to the new plantation of trees. In 10 years time the walk will be impossible. 
The Bridge over The Borthwick Water
The route of our walk from my OS App on my phone.

 Branxholme Easter Loch. It was a lovely walk with superb views and Iona was an excellent guide. It took us 2.5 hours to do the 6.5 miles but I was very tired at the end. 

No comments:

Blog Archive