Tuesday 4 August 2015

A Visit to Holy Isle

On arrival at the house on Sunday I had to pick these Blackberries. There is only 1 bush in the garden but it is absolutely laden with berries and I anticipate we will pick as many as this every other day this week.
We are staying in Newcastle this week so we can explore Northumberland while Fiona and the family are visiting Fraser in California. On Monday we headed for Holy Isle along with thousands of other visitors as August is such a busy month here and the sun was shining. 
The causeway was flooded in places as these next 2 photographs show. The car was covered in salt water which dried on very quickly in the sun so I had to have the car put through a carwash to get rid of the salt.
In places the water was quite deep
The bridge in the centre of the causeway 
We then headed to Alnmouth for a walk along the beach and we only just arrived there when we met Islay and Lochan who are Niall & Elspeth Weatherstone's grandchildren. They were on a camping holiday with their Mum & Dad. Quite a coincidence as we knew they were on the Northumberland coast but no idea where. 
Lochan and I had to go for a paddle, but the sea was very cold.
The girls were not as brave as Lochan and me.
An RAF Helicopter came overhead just after I had been in the sea so maybe they were worried about me.

No comments:

Blog Archive