Wednesday 21 May 2014

Birthday Lunch and a Walk

Today was my 67th Birthday and at 9.00am 4 of the last of the Summer Wine lads met at no 63 for their Wednesday walk at Appleby. This time I did not go with them as Gaye had had her 2nd dose of chemotherapy on Monday so I felt it was better to stay and keep an eye on her just in case there were any unpleasant side effects. She had promised to take me for lunch so that was a bonus. We headed to the small Garden Centre on Brampton Road near Longtown and had a nice lunch followed by a visit to Talkin Tarn. The photos above shows Talkin Tarn at its best in glorious sunshine.


While I walked round the Tarn Gaye sat in the sun reading a good book. She is looking good despite 4 hours of chemotherapy on Monday and I am happy to report the nasty side effects have not appeared as a result of the many pills she has to take between Monday and Thursday.

She had these guys to keep her company.

Somebody has lost this rather nice hat so hopefully they will find it on this wall where I placed it.
The Last of the Summer Wine Walkers in Appleby area this morning.

1 comment:

Tommy said...

Happy birthday, Gavin. It is good to see Gaye doing well.

Blog Archive