Wednesday 18 September 2013

River Esk Walk

It is quite some time since I posted anything on my blog but my Laptop has been playing up and is still not working properly so these next few blogs will be from my I Pad. 
A couple of weeks ago I took Peter and Elizabeth on the River Esk walk from Canonbie to Langholm. It had been proposed that this walk would be published as a Waymarked walk in our next edition of Langholm Walks but unfortunately Buccleuch Estates have scuppered this by not allowing it to be developed. this is a great pity as it is without doubt one of the nicest walks in the whole area but needs to be signposted to help walkers find the way. There is no reason for people not to give it a try and I am willing to act as a guide to anybody wanting to explore it.
Peter and Elizabeth thoroughly enjoyed the walk and agree with me that it is very beautiful.
This is taken at the Mill Stream at Hollows mill. The walk is particularly attractive at Irving House which has been empty now for a good number of years. We all agreed it would make a superb high class Hotel so maybe somebody will buy it for future development.

1 comment:

Tommy said...

Will the Duke sell it?

Blog Archive