Wednesday 22 May 2013

Leslie and Seven Old Men

My birthday walk took us to Lancaster on the 9.10am train this morning with Martin and Ken joining us at Carlisle station from Edinburgh just 5 minutes before our train arrived from Glasgow. I do love when a good plan comes together but this was the only bit of my plan that was accurate as the walk was shown on the Internet when I researched it as about 9 miles but in actual fact we walked 13 miles. We made the return train back from Lancaster with only about 15 minutes to spare and that was down to us only taking half an hour for lunch as the pub I was planning on taking everybody to on Glasson Marina was not serving lunch on a Wednesday so we ate at the nearby Caravan and had a nice lunch served very quickly.
This photo is at Carlisle Station with Leslie surrounded by her band of old men.

The birthday boy and his Daughter in Law at Glasson Marina.


This is on the spur from Glasson to the Lancaster Canal at one of the 5 Locks on the 2.5 mile canal. Niall is trying to stop us from opening the Lock
One of the many Swans nests on the opposite bank of the towpath. Not so stupid these birds.

Leslie at lunch with Peter, Tom, and Martin.

John and Martin thinking of purchasing a Narrow Boat.

1 comment:

Tommy said...

I often think of purchasing a narrow boat too but I never do.

Blog Archive