Wednesday 24 October 2012

Cally Estate Walk

For our weekly Wednesday walk today we decided to head west as the weather forecast gave an excellent forecast for Galloway. We selected an 8 mile walk through the Cally Estate at Gatehouse of Fleet and parked in the grounds of the Cally Pallace Hotel. Within the first half mile we saw 2 Red Squirrels and then on our way back through the Hotel grounds we saw a third. The weather was just beautiful and the sun shone for the whole walk. The photograph above is outside the entrance to the Cally Pallace Hotel.

Lunch was a picnic on the beach at Sandgreen.

There is a Red Squirrel in the tree in the middle of the picture. Unfortunately I had forgotten my good camera so these photos are on my I phone so not as good as I would have liked.

In the small hamlet of Girthon is the remains of a very old Church so Tom insisted we go for a look.
Sandgreen Beach next to a lovely caravan site.

No comments:

Blog Archive