Sunday 23 September 2012

Real Salt Lake Soccer Match

I was delighted to accept an invitation to attend the match between RSL and Portland tonight in the superb Rio Tinto Stadium.There was a full house with 20,500 spectators there in one of the nicest small stadiums I have seen. The pitch was immaculate and the nicest grass surface I have seen in many years and they even switched the sprinkler system on for 5 minutes just before the match started. There was a lot of razzamatazz before the KO and this was a bit silly but the Americans seem to like it but they would not like it at Old Trafford or Anfield or any English ground.Real won 2-1 and I am ashamed to say I missed both their goals as I was talking to Kelly at the time but I did see them a minute later on the big screen. A great night sitting out on a warm evening so thanks to the Hopkins family for their hospitality and pleasurable company. I hope to repay it when they come to Scotland in 2014.

No comments:

Blog Archive