Tuesday 17 February 2015

Best Morning Walk Ever


High tide was due at 8.00am so I decided to have an early morning walk along the shore. It was the best decision I have made about a walk. Our holiday house is about quarter of a mile from the shore so I headed downhill.
The path along the shore was teaming with rabbits and most of them were not bothered about walkers disturbing them.
This was where I was heading. A lovely beach at the end of the bay.
Out in the bay a couple of seals were feeding among the kelp beds and being curious creatures they soon moved closer to me to see who I was.

Not the best of photos because I only had my I Phone camera and they kept diving and surfacing somewhere else.
I headed back along the shore and had a seat just here when I saw a fin in the water and then out of the blue a pod of 3 Whales or Dolphins surfaced. They also were feeding among the Kelp. No photograph as the camera was in my pocket but it was an amazing experience.
Also out at sea an Eagret was walking on the seaweed and catching fish while rabbits run about in the dunes.
I have always said that Kippford to Rockliffe was the best walk in Scotland but for seeing wildlife this is better. The last time seals followed me along a shoreline was in Shetland.
These flowers had not opened yet but when the sun shines this will be a fantastic display.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

If only Tootlepedal had been there with his camera.

Blog Archive