Sunday 1 February 2015

Arrived in California

On Thursday we left Langholm in deep snow and thanks to our good friends Peter & Elizabeth Bart-Smith arrived safely in Newcastle. Peters driving was exemplary so we thank him for this. We left these 2 behind on Friday morning and had superb flights on BA to San Francisco to be met by these pair.

Eleanor & Thomas who love to dress up.

And of course Elliot who is too young to dress up yet but seems to be in charge of the Graham household.

It did not take Gaye long to get used to the pram and the snow in Scotland was soon forgotten as we walked to the Grocery Store in warm sunshine.


I was reading a book in the garden when Eleanor asked me if I would like an Orange and on my reply she promptly took one of the nearby tree.

I think Eleanor looks a lot like Gaye in this photograph.

As I am doing the school walk with Eleanor on Monday she took me to her school so familiarise me with the route. This is the dinner hall Californian style. Today the kids have parties with friends and I am going to Santa Clara Lawn Bowling Club. Gaye is preparing a birthday meal for Fraser and this is the first time we have been present for his birthday in over 20 years. Its amazing how quickly were can fall into Californian life and forget a Scottish winter.

2 comments:

hanenjo said...

Nice time in californie

greatings to all of you

Han en Jo

Tommy said...

Stop gloating.

Blog Archive