Wednesday 18 February 2015

Another Very Special Walk in Point Lobos State Park

After yesterday mornings fantastic walk I did not think it could get any better, but it did. At 8.00am this morning  just an hour before high tide I went to the same spot I had seen the Dolphins or Whales yesterday and thought there were a load of seals in the water but as I got closer I could see they were not Seals but Sea Otters. A family of 2 adults and at least 4 young. They were playing like mad just beyond the surf and then one of the adults started hitting a clam with a stone while on its back. You can see them in this photo but as its my I Phone its not very clear. If only Tootlepedal had been with me.

I should have realised there were Sea Otters as this was one of the seats I watched them from.

After breakfast we all went for another walk along the shoreline

High Tide and a spectacular cove

This walk was just lovely and there was nobody about.

After leaving our rented home we headed for Point Lobos State Park before we went home to San Jose. This was the picnic park we had our lunch. They say this is the best place in California where the Ocean meets the Land and I am not going to disagree as it was fantastic.





The photos can speak for themselves in the above 5 photos

Almost the end of theBird Island trail but one more beach to see as per the photo below

The end of our 3 days in Carmel and we are now back in San Jose. Our next adventure is Tuesday when Gaye and I head for Fishermans Quay in San Francisco for a couple of nights in a nice hotel.

No comments:

Blog Archive