Saturday 16 May 2020

Week 9 and Back Walking Again

At last after over 2 weeks of rest I am back walking again. In the first 6 weeks of the Lockdown I had been walking 6 miles a day and that had caused me to have a sore knee. The 2 weeks of rest have helped but I realise I have to reduce my miles or my arthritic knee will come back again. I now only do 4 miles every second day and walk at a slightly slower pace that more reflects my ageing years. The Bluebell season is at its peak and the area is awash with blue. 
These are both near the North Lodge
The 9 weeks of Lockdown have been unusual in that during this time we have hardly had any rain. The couple of days or nights when it did rain was hardly enough to dampen the dust. The rivers are very low. This is the Ewes from the Sawmill Bridge.

And the Esk and the Ewes at The Meeting of the Waters 
A beautiful Azalea on the Lodge Walks but it would be decimated on Thursday morning when we had a frost of -4C 
The Wild Garlic on Easton's Walk and the smell from them is very strong
This is the Hungry Burn on Easton's Walk and it is dry for the first time I can ever remember

A tree in the garden of the Bungalow at Border Esk being pruned and shown from both sides of the river
More Bluebells or Cratties as we call them in Scotland and these are also on Easton's Walk
The Peonies in our garden which have had to be tied up by Gaye as they were damaged by the strong winds last weekend 
On my Friday walk round Jenny Nobles I was delighted to meet Alix and my 2 favourite dogs Ruger and Bowman. 
At Langholm Old Bowling Green President Karl is working hard to rebuild the wall which was in a dangerous state

And finally after 9 weeks in Lockdown Gaye has finished these two Tapestries given to her by her friend Collette from Newmachar in Aberdeenshire.

1 comment:

Tommy said...

This was an exceptionally colourful and interesting post, Gavin. Look after your knee.

Blog Archive