Sunday 3 May 2020

Week 7 in Isolation


As I have had a sore knee this week I have cut down on my walking so have spent a bit of time over in the Tarras Valley and watching the Hen Harriers from Hen harrier Corner on the Copshaw road. This short video shows how peaceful it is in the Tarras Valley next to Jim Telfer's seat and just chilling out.

On my one short walk round the Lodge Walks I met Ken Johnson and his two lovely dogs. The walk was just to try out my knee but unfortunately I decided to rest it for a bit longer as it was quite sore after the walk.
I had two visits to Hen harrier Corner and on both visits was lucky to see a Male Hen Harrier hunting in Little Tarras Valley and behind me also on the skyline. They are the most beautiful birds and The Langholm Moor is the best and most accessible place in mainland UK to see them. We are very lucky and this week it was announced that The Duke of Buccleuch wants £6M for the Langholm Moor purchase by Langholm Initiative on behalf of the community. Its a lot of money with probably more than 50% coming from The Scottish Government and the rest to be raised privately. There will be a fund raising campaign starting very soon and I urge everybody to donate even a small amount. 
It was also 15 years this week since our son Fraser was married to Leslie Lemon in Red Butte Gardens, Salt Lake City, Utah. What a great day that was with all our family and many friends making the 5000 mile trip to Utah to support us. 
Our friends joined us in Red Butte Gardens the day before the wedding for the wedding rehearsal. There was a distinct Scottish theme to the occasion with the men wearing Rugby Shirts. Gaye and I were so pleased that our good friends Niall & Elspeth, John & Sandria, Jean & Wattie, Jean Weatherstone, and Tom all made the journey to Utah.

1 comment:

Tommy said...

Look after your knee. I hope that the fund raising goes well.

Blog Archive