Sunday 24 May 2020

Week 10 and a Birthday


Last weekend the garden took a bit of a beating from high winds and my Peony Rose took a battering but Gaye managed to get them staked and they are looking beautiful. 
For the first time in 8 weeks I headed out of the town for my morning walk which was from Hollows Bridge round by Canonbie. I love a Beech Hedge and this is a beauty
I came back via the Maverick Bird Hide which is now closed due to all the trees being felled. Hopefully we can re open it sometime again in the future.

Another Beech Hedge and a lovely tree
On Thursday it was my 73rd Birthday so on a beautiful evening we were able to have a glass of Whisky and Wine with Tom, David, and Alix and sat in the garden for an hour at safe distance from each other. 
A most enjoyable hour
David and Alix returned home on their Electric Bikes
On Thursday at 10.00pm The Langholm Monument was Illuminated for an hour in honour of the NHS.
Fiona and family had bought me a 500 piece Jigsaw as a Birthday Present so I have managed to complete it in 3 days doing about 4 hours per day. The last time I did a Jigsaw was in 1992 when we were in Skye for a week with Fraser and it rained all week so we did a huge Jigsaw.

No comments:

Blog Archive