Sunday 5 April 2020

Week Three of Self Isolation

This week I stopped travelling a few miles out of the town to do my morning walk so not many photographs as I am just repeating my local walks that I am sure have been seen many times. This was the A7 a couple of days ago when I walked up to the High Mill Bridge and never saw a vehicle.  
Thank goodness for gardens. In Newcastle my son in law Mario is enjoying a cup of tea in their garden in High Heaton
In Saratoga, California our son Fraser is busy spending time clearing the jungle of Bamboo in his new garden. It is a mammoth job clearing this and many years of neglect by the previous owner, but they will get it all sorted this summer. The house was a huge job as well but that is more or less finished now
The High Mill Bridge over the River Ewes
This is one of my favourite lanes around Langholm as it runs parallel with the A7 on the north side of the town and above the Rugby Club.
Spring is on its way and these Primroses are popping up everywhere. It wont be long until the Bluebells or as we call them in Scotland Cratties come into bloom. 
The Sawmill Bridge at the Kilngreen over the River Ewes. We are now getting into a routine in isolation and life revolves round a morning walk for me and an afternoon walking round the garden for Gaye. We are both reading a lot and I spend a long time on my computer speaking to friends and family. We had a Zoom Conference call with all my walking friends on Friday afternoon and that was great fun. We also play Bingo with Fiona and many of her friends on a Sunday afternoon at 4.30pm. It was even better as I won, but there is no prize just the honour of winning.

4 comments:

Irving said...

Gav,
The lane above the rugby field is called Baggra. Uncle Dave used to farm it, lot of memories working along there. Is the ROC bunker still there?

Gavin said...

The bunker is still there but I dont know if you can still get access. I once met some of the ROC Members and they were worried that in the event of a World War 3 they would have to spend a lot of time in there with one of their members who could bore you to death.

Tommy said...

That bamboo looks like a mammoth job.

Irving said...

I hope that wasn't me!

Blog Archive