Sunday 29 March 2020

Second Week of Self Isolation

Our second week of self isolation started on Sunday with a Mothers Day afternoon tea provided by The Buccleuch Centre and paid for by Fiona. It was excellent and we enjoyed it at home.
At the start of the week I was still continuing to travel a few miles for my morning walk and this was near Rowanburn 
I have met very few people on my morning walks and those I do meet we keep a good distance apart. On this walk at Rowanburn I met an old friend George Steele and his daughter Georgia. George was in The Boys Brigade for many years when I was Captain and we had many enjoyable times together on BB Camps and sporting occasions. 
Because the weather has been so good on Wednesday Gaye and I sat in the Sitooterie in the garden and played 7 Card Rummy. Gaye has never played it before but she managed to beat me. It was great fun and I got my revenge on Saturday when we played again in the Conservatory at Birkwood 
Todays walk was round Jenny Nobles and it was nice and dry but a biting cold wind. I had to take my regular photo from The Skippers Bridge and will show the various changes in the season there during our enforced isolation.  
Canonbie Kirk from the banks of the Esk 
This pair followed me thinking they were going to be fed 
Daffodils at Lands End on the outskirts of Langholm. From Tuesday I have now stopped travelling out of town for my walks so this coming week I will try and do a different walk each day and yet never be more than about a mile and a half from Langholm

No comments:

Blog Archive