Thursday 12 December 2019

A Walk Round Whita

It's many years since we did a Wednesday Walk round Whita. Thats maybe because its almost 10 miles right round so this week we used 2 cars to shorten the walk for us old men. We left one car at The Kiln Green, although the plan was to leave it at Whitshiels Cafe, but they have another Log Cabin arriving today. We then drove to the Tarras Bridge near Cronksbank  and walked back to Langholm via Middlemoss a distance of about 6 miles. We finished with our usual lunch at Whitshiels Cafe where we are made very welcome. This is the view of Whita and the Munument during the 10 minutes the sunn came out.
This cottage is called Rashiel and it is where the present Duke of Buccleuch spent part of his honeymoon.
John thinks this photo makes him and Tom look younger but I think its Tom's new hat that has made the difference. We had a grand walk made special by the arrival of a herd of over 20 wild goats. They quickly crossed our path and disappeared before I managed to get my phone out of my pocket. You will just have to take our word that they were there. This is my 1000th Blog Post since I started in 2007. It has solved many an argument with the lads about when we walked at a certain place and shows everybody how many walks we have done all over the country. When I get time I will publish a few of my favourite photographs from these years of walking. 

No comments:

Blog Archive