Thursday 12 September 2019

My Last Morning Walk in Utah

After the storms of yesterday including snow in the mountains we woke this morning to a glorious day. There was a mist in the valley so I headed uphill towards the town cemetery.
For the first mile I was accompanied by a neighbours Labrador that seemed to want to show me the way. 
This is Mendon Town Hall. There are no shops in the town.
This is one of the oldest houses in the town.
The way ahead. I would like to have walked to  the top but its a lot further than it looks and is about 7000ft up at least. 
The surrounding countryside is superb
Looking north
This really is a lovely area and so peaceful. I never met another person all morning. 

A flock of Wild Turkeys in the distance
A Veterans Memorial in the Cemetery. Carlo has his name on it for service in Korea. When he dies they add the date of death.  
The view from a very nice seat I spent 15 minutes at enjoying the peace and quiet
Mendon Main Street looking North
Main Street looking South. It makes Langholm High street look like a Metropolis.
A closer view of the Wild Turkeys. We head back to Salt Lake City this afternoon and will have dinner with Leslie's sister Nancy and her family before boarding the Zephyr Train to San Francisco at 11.00pm tonight. This will be a great adventure as we will be on the train for 17 hours.

No comments:

Blog Archive