Monday 9 September 2019

An Afternoon on Capitola Beach

I love walking along beaches and my favourite ones are in the Outer Hebrides but a close second is the beaches of California on the Pacific. Today we headed for Capitola Beach which is 45 minutes from Frasers home in Saratoga. I had set off very early this morning to finish my painting project in the new house and by 10.00am it was done so I could go to the beach with a clear conscience. Tommy and his mum were unable to go as he had another Soccer match and won it 6-0. Eleanor just loves the beach and was great company with her granddad.
Fraser with Elliot. Elliot used to be scared of the surf but now just loves it and ended up with a huge wave knocking him off his feet but he just picked himself up and waited for the next one.
Waiting for that big wave
Big waves are no bother to Eleanor
I prefer them small but got caught unawares when I went for a walk and a big wave drenched me.
Gaye is not really a beach person but enjoys a short walk along the beach 
Plenty of action all along the beach
There are some very colourful beach houses in Capitola 
Under the pier
Capitola beach from the pier 
Eleanor back among the surf. She also loves surfing on a body board but not today. 
Next to us on the beach this girl was trying to put up a shelter and it took her exactly 55 minutes to do it. Several times somebody offered to help her but she refused all help. It was great entertainment as it was a job that most people (not me) could have done in 5 minutes.  

The southern end of the beach which is predominately for surfers

No comments:

Blog Archive