Monday 26 March 2012

Visit to Manchester

I visited Manchester Airport on Sunday afternoon so that I could collect Carlo & Sidne from the Chicago flight early Monday morning. I took the opportunity to visit my friend and ex work Co-Director Paul Evans. Paul is having Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy at the moment and then in the next couple of weeks will have an operation. He is looking and feeling very well and is determined to recover from Cancer. We had a lovely afternoon reminiscing about the old times and working days with Atlasair, UPS, and finally EMS Cargo. I have know Paul since 1985 when he was Export Manager at Atlasair, Heathrow and then he eventually bacame my Regional Manager with Atlasair/UPS. We both then left UPS and 10 years later joined up again to set up EMS Cargo (Carlisle) Ltd. He persuaded me to set the Carlisle office up as a separate company which was the best move ever and eventually enabled me to retire early. He is planning to retire soon and has promised himself a new Jaguar car so heres wishing my good friend "All the Best".

No comments:

Blog Archive