Tuesday 27 March 2012

A Day in the Lake District

Another superb day of glorious weather in the UK so we headed off to the Lake District. The first stop was Boness on Windermere for a 40 minute trip on a Windermere Steamer. I forgot my camera so no photos of the trip yet but we will have them as soon as we download them from Sidne's camera. Nearly a disaster as well as I discovered I had lost my wallet as we were about to board the Steamer. I ran back to the car park and there was an attendant with my wallet in his hand. I was very lucky to get it back intact. The photograph above is Sidne & Gaye at Castlerigg Stone Circle near Keswick. We also visited Ambleside and Grasmere where we purchased Grasmere Gingerbread especially for Fraser in Salt Lake City.

Two handsome old men at Castlerigg Stone Circle

The Bridge House at Ambleside

No comments:

Blog Archive