Wednesday 21 August 2019

A Return to Silloth for Elizabeth after almost 60 years


Elizabeth was delighted to join us for this Wednesday Walk having last been in Silloth about 1962 on a Sunday School Trip. It hasn’t changed that much but was a delightful walk. 

A very high seat

Not the best photo as the sun was shining directly into the camera but Elizabeth was in good company.

Looking over the Solway to Criffell.

Peter going along a flooded lane where we soon had to turn back. The inward half of the journey was very tough as we were walking into a 40mph wind. Silloth was very busy and we couldn’t get lunch in Mrs. Wilson’s or in 2 other pubs on the way home so we abandoned the idea and John 
and I ended up at Whitshiels for a lovely lunch while Peter and Elizabeth went home. It was a lovely walk despite the wind. I should point out this has been posted from my phone as I have a problem with my laptop which will only be resolved when I consult my personal Apple consultant in California. For that reason the photos are not the full size.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Brings back memories of Sunday School trips.

Tommy said...

A good person to consult.

Blog Archive