Wednesday 30 January 2019

Wind Farm at Longtown

It was just John and me for this weeks Wednesday walk and we headed for Longtown to see the new Wind Farm near Longtown Airfield. We had been walking near Rowanburn a few months ago when an argument took place about the Wind Turbines we could see in the distance and Tom thought it was at Gretna but I said they were at Longtown so I was right. As always when walking in England there is a farmer appears to chase you away and today was no exception. We were on a public road near the Wind Farm but he thought we were going on to his land and he was not suited, but when I explained that I was just going to photograph the Turbines he was OK. It is much easer walking in Scotland as you can go anywhere as long as you are responsible and adhere to the Country Code. Walking was very dangerous as these country roads near Longtown were lethal with ice everywhere.   
Three of the six Turbines. We had originally planned to walk closer to them but the local farmer put paid to that. There are no more photos as it took such an effort just keeping upright on the ice so I couldn't take any more. 

No comments:

Blog Archive